Customer Success Story:
How Habitat for Humanity Chicago makes volunteer management simple.
Habitat for Humanity is one of the most internationally recognizable nonprofits. Established in 1976, they have grown into world’s largest homebuilding organizations. Habitat for Humanity Chicago carries out this mission in one of the United States’ largest cities, where 10% of people lack decent housing.
In order to successfully achieve its housing builds, Habitat for Humanity Chicago relies on significant volunteer efforts and coordination. There are also several different types of volunteers: those who work on-site at builds, office support and committee members, and ReStore volunteers.
To manage this effectively, Habitat Chicago required a solution that could handle complex recruitment, skill tracking, and shift coordination. Their combination of disconnected systems and spreadsheets was no longer effective, especially as their constituent base grew. However, any software they sought to address this would need to remain simple and intuitive enough for a variety of staff and volunteers to use.
With Causeview, Habitat for Humanity Chicago identified the perfect answer to their volunteer and fundraising needs:
- Advanced donor management tools on the powerful Salesforce platform.
- Ability to track, manage and improve volunteer operations.
- Donor and volunteer profiles that are always connected.
- Tools to manage applicant skills, available, shifts, communications and open roles.
- Can search for volunteers with matching skills and availability, and contact them directly.
Habitat for Humanity Chicago is thrilled with the impact Causeview has had on their donor and volunteer management:
- 90% of information is now properly captured and recorded, giving Habitat Chicago a 360-degree view of their supporters in a centralized, cloud-based locations.
- Complete adoption across the organization, making each workday simpler
- Volunteers have acknowledged their improved experience, as well.
- Now better equipped to reach goals like volunteer retention and donor conversion.
In Their Own Words:
Transitioning our volunteer management over to Causeview and CV Volunteers has allowed us to streamline our communications and data management and create more efficient workflows for our staff. Prior to using the system all of our communications happened via email and we collected data in Excel files. This system allows us to keep things all in one place and will allow us to eventually create and monitor much stronger metrics that will help us to constantly improve our volunteer program. – Katie Clendenning, Volunteer Programs Manager